Welcome to Kopakopa Counselling
I’m guessing that if you’re reading this that you are looking for a way forward in your life because something in your life isn’t working in the way you had hoped and planned.
This happens to us all; we go about life doing what works until suddenly one day we realise somehow the things that were working are no longer doing it for us and we need something different.
What is counselling all about?
For me counselling is about discovering the life you want to live. Its not about finding the problems, its about finding what works and doing more of it.
Here at this counselling practice you will find an environment that is welcoming and accepting.
- I believe that every person has worth and value and this is reflected in my work.
- If you are looking for a place to be heard and a place where your experiences are accepted and respected, then welcome.
- I believe that working together will create opportunities for conversations that move you toward your preferred way of experiencing life.
Our conversations will focus on:
- what you want life to look like, and
- what strengths, resources and past accomplishments you possess that can help you to get there
I have chosen the Kopakopa plant, the Chatham Island forget-me-not, as my practice name – it represents many things to me; my own personal story of grief and loss and also of hope and resilience. The Kopakopa flower keeps making an appearance in my life and eventually I realised I had to listen and embrace the gift of healing it was bringing to my life. I felt called to this adopt this flower as the symbol, for my life and my counselling practice.
Kopakopa – Chatham Islands Forget-Me-Not (Myosotidium hortensia) has large, ribbed, glossy leaves and large bunches of blue or white forget-me-not like flowers in spring. This humble plant has a rich history of meaning behind it and is symbol of myth and history alike:
These wonderful leaves have the ability to draw poison from a wound.
What Does the Forget Me Not Flower Mean?
- True and undying love
- Remembrance during partings or after death
- A connection that lasts through time
- Fidelity and loyalty in a relationship, despite separation or other challenges
- Reminders of your favourite memories or time together with another person
- Growing affection between two people
- Caring for the poor, disabled, and needy.
“You’re braver than you believe, stronger than
you seem and smarter than you think”
You can contact me below: